The Sikes' medium voltage dynamic braking unit is mainly applied to tackle the regenerative energy during deceleration, braking and dragging of the motors. The braking unit detects overvoltage through the DC bus, and then consumes regenerative energy on the resistor to prevent the inverter from stepping into over voltage protection, securing regular service of motors.
In case of frequent braking, we recommend our energy regenerator as a more energy-efficient and environment protecting approach. Instead of wasting energy on the discharging resistor, the regenerator returns the energy back to the electric grids.
The medium voltage dynamic braking unit is widely applied in mining winches, cranes, port cranes, elevating conveyors, salvage ships and furnace winches. It suits well with harsh working conditions featuring high loads.
Rated power: 85KW-450KW, based on 25℃ air cleaniness class
Rated braking current: ≤400A
Minimum resistance value: 2.8Ω(5Ω supported according to specification)
Protection Level: IP00/IP20 or client specified
Chopper voltage range: DC660V±5V(with a keyboard)
Voltage grade: 400V
Working Temperature: -55-65℃
Insulation Resistance: >1000MΩ(500V 25℃ 75% humidity)
Dielectric Strength: >3.0kV 50Hz 1min(25℃ 75% humidity)
1. The heavy load dynamic braking unit features high long-term stability, wide compatibility and high DC bus voltage.
2. The product supports connection with plugs, thus multiple units can be connected in parallel and installed together.
3. No further configuration or commissioning is required before the device comes into service.
4. The device conforms to CE and FCC standards.
5. Discharging resistor is integrated within the braking unit.
6. A keyboard operating interface is provided for the sake of user-friendliness.
7. Cooling fans are attached to secure the heat radiation capability of the device.