The Sikes' high end dynamic braking unit detects the voltage of DC bus, and consumes regenerative energy on the resistor in case of overvoltage to prevent the inverter from stepping into over voltage protection. The braking unit can thus eliminate regenerative energy during the deceleration, braking or dragging of the motors, securing regular service of them.
If the clients demand a more energy-efficient and environment protecting solution, we recommend to replace the discharging resistor with our energy regenerator in case of frequent braking. The energy regenerators returns the energy back to the electric grids instead of wasting it on the resistor.
Typical applications of the braking unit include mining winches, cranes, port cranes, elevating conveyors, salvage ships and furnace winches. The high end dynamic braking unit is especially suitable for harsh working conditions with heavy workload.
Rated power: 85KW-450KW, based on 25℃ air cleaniness class
Rated braking current: ≤450A
Minimum resistance value: 1.6Ω(5Ω supported according to specification)
Protection Level: IP00/IP20 or client specified
Chopper voltage range: DC660V±5V(with a keyboard)
Voltage grade: 400V
Working Temperature: -55-65℃
Insulation Resistance: >1000MΩ(500V 25℃ 75% humidity)
Dielectric Strength: >3.0kV 50Hz 1min(25℃ 75% humidity)
1. The high end dynamic braking unit enjoys high long-term stability and wide compatibility, as well as high voltage on the DC bus.
2. The braking unit supports easy connection using plugs, and thus can be connected in parallel to install as a whole.
3. The device does not need further configuration or commissioning to work.
4. The product conforms to CE and FCC standards.
5. A keyboard operating interface is provided to achieve user-friendliness.
6. The unit integrates itself with a discharging resistor.
7. Benefited from the cooling fan attached, the braking unit enjoys satisfactory heat radiation functionality.